Manager – Cybersecurity & Technology Oversight (Capability Maturity), Technology Risk Management
Technology Risk Management (TRM) is a growing organization focused on providing expert advice, credible challenge, and effective oversight of information security and technology activities to identify, assess, control, and manage technology risk throughout the company. This organization plays a critical role in helping to ensure that the company’s risk taking entities are aware of the risks inherent in their activities and decisions, the impact of their actions on the company at an enterprise level, and opportunities to reduce, mitigate, or avoid risks altogether. Associates within the Cyber Risk Management organization are highly-skilled information security, cyber, technology, or risk management professionals who have a wealth of experience and a demonstrated ability to provide value-added recommendations and deliver high-impact results in their areas of expertise.
This position – Manager, Cybersecurity and Technology Oversight (Capability Maturity) – will play a key role in assessing and enhancing the organization’s cybersecurity and technology capability maturity and by maintaining and updating risk models, identifying and developing innovative risk assessment techniques, providing independent expertise during capability maturity reviews, preparing independent assessments of maturity levels, and developing reports for senior management. As part of the second line of defense, you will collaborate closely with associates in Cyber, Technology, the Lines of Business, and other risk management offices to perform and support evaluations of the firm’s cyber capability maturity levels and offer independent advice and recommendations regarding ways to further mature the firm’s cyber and risk management capabilities. In addition, you will contribute to the identification and analysis of new or emerging cybersecurity and technology risks to the enterprise, and aid in integrating capabilities maturity assessment activities with other risk management programs across the enterprise.
As a member of a growing organization, you will have the opportunity to shape and further refine your portfolio commensurate with the priorities of the organization and the firm. The position affords opportunities for substantial growth. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position require an expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities) :
- As part of a team, manage the conduct of independent evaluations of the firm’s cybersecurity and technology capabilities, and provide expertise and advice on accelerating maturity of the firm’s cyber capabilities
- Provide technical assessments of cybersecurity and technology capabilities
- Identify and develop new cyber risk assessment methodologies to enhance the assessment process
- Draft assessments for senior management and other stakeholders, to include regulatory agencies and the Board of Directors, as needed
- Stay current on emerging cyber threats and potential implications to the firm
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders, and leaders across multiple organizations to achieve objectives
- Coordinate program-related activities and deliverables to ensure effective collaboration within the team and across stakeholder groups
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing and measuring maturity with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT v5, or FFIEC Cyber Assessment Tool
- At least 4 years of work experience in the fields of information security, technology, or risk management
- At least 2 years of experience developing, evaluating, or implementing cybersecurity or technology capability maturity models
- At least 1 year of experience with cybersecurity, technology policies, and exceptions review process
- Professional security management certifications (i.e Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM))
- At least 4 years of experience with analysis emerging threats and reports that describe the implications of threat(s) and opportunities to executives or senior decision-makers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and to influence as warranted and appropriate
- Passion and expertise in cybersecurity, with an ability to be confident, respectful, and articulate when registering dissenting or unpopular opinions
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining superior results
- Ability to work cross-functionally, individually, and to lead work among a team
- Execution oriented and a self-motivator
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.