CVE:DAC) in 2014, and we think it’s a good time to look at the executive’s compensation against the backdrop of overall company performance. This analysis will also evaluate the appropriateness of CEO compensation when taking into account the earnings and shareholder returns of the company.” data-reactid=”28″>Rob Craig became the CEO of Datable Technology Corporation (CVE:DAC) in 2014, and we think it’s a good time to look at the executive’s compensation against the backdrop of overall company performance. This analysis will also evaluate the appropriateness of CEO compensation when taking into account the earnings and shareholder returns of the company.
See our latest analysis for Datable Technology ” data-reactid=”29″> See our latest analysis for Datable Technology
How Does Total Compensation For Rob Craig Compare With Other Companies In The Industry?
According to our data, Datable Technology Corporation has a market capitalization of CA$4.4m, and paid its CEO total annual compensation worth CA$240k over the year to December 2019. That’s mostly flat as compared to the prior year’s compensation. It is worth noting that the CEO compensation consists entirely of the salary, worth CA$240k.
In comparison with other companies in the industry with market capitalizations under CA$262m, the reported median total CEO compensation was CA$220k. So it looks like Datable Technology compensates Rob Craig in line with the median for the industry. Furthermore, Rob Craig directly owns CA$341k worth of shares in the company.
Speaking on an industry level, nearly 82% of total compensation represents salary, while the remainder of 18% is other remuneration. On a company level, Datable Technology prefers to reward its CEO through a salary, opting not to pay Rob Craig through non-salary benefits. If salary is the major component in total compensation, it suggests that the CEO receives a higher fixed proportion of the total compensation, regardless of performance.
Datable Technology Corporation’s Growth
Datable Technology Corporation has seen its earnings per share (EPS) increase by 54% a year over the past three years. In the last year, its revenue is up 28%.
this detailed historical graph of earnings, revenue and cash flow.” data-reactid=”54″>Overall this is a positive result for shareholders, showing that the company has improved in recent years. Most shareholders would be pleased to see strong revenue growth combined with EPS growth. This combo suggests a fast growing business. While we don’t have analyst forecasts for the company, shareholders might want to examine this detailed historical graph of earnings, revenue and cash flow.
Has Datable Technology Corporation Been A Good Investment?
Given the total shareholder loss of 75% over three years, many shareholders in Datable Technology Corporation are probably rather dissatisfied, to say the least. So shareholders would probably want the company to be lessto generous with CEO compensation.
Datable Technology rewards its CEO solely through a salary, ignoring non-salary benefits completely. As previously discussed, Rob is compensated close to the median for companies of its size, and which belong to the same industry. At the same time, the company has logged negative shareholder returns over the last three years. But EPS growth is moving in a favorable direction, certainly a positive sign. It’s tough for us to say CEO compensation is too generous when EPS growth is positive, but negative investor returns will irk shareholders and reduce any chances of a raise.
4 warning signs for Datable Technology you should be aware of, and 2 of them are potentially serious.” data-reactid=”59″>It is always advisable to analyse CEO pay, along with performing a thorough analysis of the company’s key performance areas. In our study, we found 4 warning signs for Datable Technology you should be aware of, and 2 of them are potentially serious.
list of interesting companies that have HIGH return on equity and low debt.” data-reactid=”64″>Arguably, business quality is much more important than CEO compensation levels. So check out this free list of interesting companies that have HIGH return on equity and low debt.
Get in touch with us directly. Alternatively, email email@example.com.” data-reactid=”65″>This article by Simply Wall St is general in nature. It does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell any stock, and does not take account of your objectives, or your financial situation. We aim to bring you long-term focused analysis driven by fundamental data. Note that our analysis may not factor in the latest price-sensitive company announcements or qualitative material. Simply Wall St has no position in any stocks mentioned.
Have feedback on this article? Concerned about the content? Get in touch with us directly. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.